Write a research paper on Mexico. The outline is included that has already been turned in as well as the Culture Values Influence that was done.
The answers to the why question can help avoid difficulty in negotiation or, if it occurs, can help you manage your way out of that trouble. You will choose one country for this research project – any country, other than the US, is allowed.
In particular, please work to find at least three important cultural values that are said to characterize your country. Try to find some specific behaviors that follow from these values—behaviors you could observe if you visited that country. These values and behaviors may drive some of the negotiation tactics used by business people in your assigned culture. Try to list as many of these as you can while you tie them to underlying cultural values.
Several websites might be useful in your research. Consider the following:
1. Global Negotiator (www.globalnegotiator.com). This is a useful site for those interested in studying cross-cultural negotiation. It reviews more than 50 countries and provides specific information regarding country characteristics and values that might impact negotiation.
2. Program on Negotiation (https://www.pon.harvard.edu/) a consortium program of Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Tufts University and serves as an interdisciplinary research center dedicated to developing the theory and practice of negotiation and dispute resolution in a range of public and private settings.
3. U.S. Department of State Country Background Notes (www.state.gov). Like most pages maintained by the Department of State, this one is informative and well organized and can provide a good bit of useful background information for this assignment.
4. The Economist Country Profiles (www.economist.com/countries). The Economist magazine is well known, but its Intelligence Unit—while less well known—is an invaluable resource for anyone interested in international business.
5. CIA World Factbook (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook). This is a complete and detailed source of information about all countries on the globe—useful for this exercise and others as well.
You will prepare a 3-4 page essay on your chosen country. Write a 3-4 page essay in APA format (not including the cover page and reference page. Note that you must conduct research and you must locate peer-reviewed articles. In addition to including cultural values and behaviors, you should include at least five other topics of interest covered in this classroom. Explain how you think those values, behaviors, and characteristics would affect a contract negotiation. Be sure that you use appropriate headings in your essay and include at least four references with in-text citations.
1.1 Introduction: History
1.3 Goal and Objectives of the study
1.4 Questions for Research
2.1 Literature review
2.2 Theoretical frameworks
2.3 Conceptualization framework
PART THREE: METHOD
3.2 Site of research
3.3 Population Targeted
3.4 Sampling Technique
3.5 Collection of Data
4.1Small introduction of data presentation,
4.2 Social demographic
4.3 Present data collected for each question in tables, analyze and interpretation.
5.1 Summaries key study findings for each issue in the research questions
5.3 Conclusion, Recommendations, and Suggestions
Appendix I: INTRODUCTION LETTER
Appendix II BUDGET
Culture Values Influence
Cultural values refer to core principles or standards that are commonly held as acceptable or unacceptable in a community. This standard guide the community in their dealings, such as in settling disputes and also in business negotiations or any other kind of dealings. The current issue in Mexico that needs to be negotiated involves placement of tariffs on Mexican imports by the United States president Donald Trump. This action by the U.S president is aiming at preventing illegal migration into the United States. However, the Mexican president Andres Manuel Lopes Obrador is not interested with the tariff war but instead wants to reach into an agreement with the United States, thus maintaining a good relationship between the two countries. Mexican negation tactics are influenced by various cultures, which are easily noted by tourists or immigrants. Those cultures are discussed below.
The value of Mexican people. In the Mexican community, people are highly valued thus, any decisions made promote the welfare of the Mexican citizens. The placement of tariffs by the U.S president is described by the Mexican president as unfair or undeserving to the Mexican community. The Mexican president wants a negotiation in order to attain unity between the two countries in spite of their political differences. The placement of tariffs on Mexican good directly affects the Mexican citizens thus, the Mexican president wants to protect the Mexican economy through the negotiation.
Religions of Mexico. Majority of the Mexicans identify themselves as Catholics. Some of them are Christians thus, their cultures revolve around religious values and the church (Diaz-Guerrero, 1976). Religious values, such as maintaining unity, influences Mexicans negotiation tactics. The Mexican presidents say the placement of tariffs to prevent illegal border crossing is an act of ‘eye for an eye’ thus, he requests a dialogue to achieve unity between the two countries.
Mexican art. Some of the Mexican exports to the United States include clay pottery, colorful baskets among other arts. Mexico shares these arts with the United States thus; placement of tariffs also affects the U.S consumers.
Diaz-Guerrero, R. (1976). Psychology of the Mexican: Culture and personality. University of Texas Press.