· Assignment 2: Discussion Assignment
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this module based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the module as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment through the end of the module.
Your Career Goals
Compose an objective statement for your career path that you can use on your résumé.
In addition, compose a short piece explaining where you want to end up in your first position after graduation. This piece should contain:
- The field of IT that you’d like to enter, such as networking, web, security, etc.
- The level at which you think you might enter; for example, intern, tech support, or coder
- A ranking of the importance of pay, insurance, training, commute, working conditions, and growth potential, indicating why or why not each one is important to you (out of the items mentioned in your readings)
- Names of some companies you would like to work for and why, including their specializations in the IT business
- Your geographic preferences
Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsQuality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions16Quality of responses to classmates12Frequency of responses to classmates4Reference to supporting readings and other materials4Language and grammar4Total:40