Directions: Choose a recent crisis (different form the one you chose in Module 1) associated with any topic covered in this course that is of interest to you. Create a Crisis Care Plan based on the following outline:
- General: Set up the situation. For which crisis are you planning? Be specific. Describe the crisis situation and define why it is a crisis. Provide details of the issues, people involved, and how it impacts their lives.
- Summarize: Create an immediate protection plan that would serve in helping the people impacted by the crisis. The foundation of the plan should include research-based crisis methods, theories, and models that would be used to develop and facilitate the crisis plan.
- Predict: What services, supplies, and personnel will be needed? Predict costs. Research and provide resources that would benefit people/families who would potentially encounter this type of crisis.
- Prevention: What can be done now to prevent any or all of these predicted problems? How would you create awareness of this crisis issue to the community to prevent the issue from recurring, or how would you provide direction as to how to deal with the crisis in the future?
- Crisis team: Who are the crisis team? What roles are needed?
- Positioning: How will crisis team reach those in need? What transportation or other positioning considerations are required?
- Timeline: What timeline is needed for essential services to be performed?
- Communication: How will the information be communicated to those who need to know? Include community and/or media communication needs.
- Evaluation: How will the crisis care plan be evaluated?
The Crisis Care Plan must:
- be a minimum of 2000 words
- have a thesis statement (statement of purpose/intent), must indicate the topics to be covered
- use ONLY professional, objective language. Use objective, formal, not conversational tone/style
- use APA style
- use direct quotes sparingly – work on paraphrasing and appropriate citations for the paraphrased information
Before you submit your assignment to Blackboard, submit it to Turnitin.com using the link below. After you have reviewed your Originality Report and used it to reduce your Similarity Index appropriately (you can submit your assignment to Turnitin.com multiple times), submit BOTH your assignment and the Originality Report to Blackboard.
Submission: Post the assignment using the Assignment 3: Crisis Care Plan link above. Use the “Browse My Computer” button in the Attach File area to attach your document. Be sure to complete your submission by choosing the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
Grading: This assignment is worth 150 points and will be graded using the Assignment Rubric. Please use it as a guide to successful completion of this assignment.