Directions: In this assignment, you will integrate your knowledge of mental disorders with the essential crisis intervention and communication skills. Using the mental disorder you chose in the Module 4 Discussion, as well as the information in this module’s readings, write a 800-1200 word report that addresses the following in essay format:
- Which mental disorder did you choose and why?
- Summarize the signs and symptoms of the mental disorder.
- What specific crisis events could most impact persons suffering from the mental illness?
- Name the types of methods you would suggest for working with such patients, i.e. communication methods, treatment, therapy, etc.
- How does/would your role as a human services worker impact the healing and restoration of patients who suffer from this disorder?
This formal report must:
- have a thesis statement (statement of purpose/intent), must indicate the topics to be covered
- use ONLY professional, objective language. Use objective, formal, not conversational tone/style
- use APA style
- use direct quotes sparingly – work on paraphrasing and appropriate citations for the paraphrased information
Before you submit your assignment to Blackboard, submit it to Turnitin.com using the link below. After you have reviewed your Originality Report and used it to reduce your Similarity Index appropriately (you can submit your assignment to Turnitin.com multiple times), submit BOTH your assignment and the Originality Report to Blackboard.
Submission: Post the assignment using the Assignment 2: Mental Disorders and Crisis Intervention link above. Use the “Browse My Computer” button in the Attach File area to attach your document. Be sure to complete your submission by choosing the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
Grading: This assignment is worth 150 points and will be graded using the Assignment Rubric. Please use it as a guide to successful completion of this assignment.