[Solved by Experts] Briefly Describe Project Management
Read the information below, then complete the designated tasks with your team.
In the previous milestone, you conducted a preliminary investigation into Millennium request for a business support system and a medical practice support system. After discussing your recommendations, Dr. Johnson and the partners decided to move forward with the Business Support System project and want you to describe the next steps.
To ensure the quality, cost, and timeliness of the new system, you suggested that Millennium Health use a project management approach. Dr. Johnson agreed, and he wants you briefly describe project management concepts and benefits. You realize that most of the partners do not have project management experience, and it is important to deliver a clear, informative overview.
1. Create a Microsoft Word document to include the following points:
- Explain project management concepts and benefits.
- Explain how project management will be used by your team to manage the Millennium Health Project.
2. To illustrate the PM process, refer to table 3.39 of textbook and complete the following tasks:
- Create a two-column table with column titles Tasks and Expected Time. List activities A through J in the Tasks column.
- Calculate the Expected Time for each task and enter into this table.
- Refer to table 3.40. Based on the activities listed complete the following three steps:
- Convert the activity times to days (multiply the number of weeks by 7)
- Construct a Gantt Chart
- Copy/paste the Gantt chart into a Word document.