[Solved by Experts] Employee Rights Employee Safety
One career path of a registered health information administrator (RHIA) is supervision. As a supervisor, it is imperative that you and your staff are aware of key workplace laws and employee responsibilities. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes addressing the following topics:
- Employment laws
- Age discrimination
- Employer responsibility and employee rights
- Employee safety
- Employee responsibilities
- Incident reporting (including the Joint Commission Sentinel events)
- Risk management (including risk identification, risk analysis, and risk evaluation)
- Government focus on patient safety
- Create and review a procedure for employees to follow for one of the following topics:
- Employee posting on social media (Fundamentals of Law for Health Informatics and Information Management, Chapter 13)
- What information can be released when a celebrity or “person in the news” in under the care of the hospital (Fundamentals of Law for Health Informatics and Information Management, Chapter 15)
- Release of information to a parent who does not have custody of a minor
- The Uniform Health-care Decisions Act for consent to treatment and donation of decedent’s body (Fundamentals of Law for Health Informatics and Information Management, Chapter 8)
For each topic within your PowerPoint presentation,
- Define the topic.
- Explain why it is important in the health information management workplace.
- Summarize the statute, regulation, and/or administrative rule.
- Explain the key points a new supervisor and/or an employee needs to know.
- Examine two examples of violations.
- Describe the penalties for violations of the workplace law.
Your PowerPoint presentation
- Must be a minimum of eight double spaced slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include detailed speaker notes written in full sentences. Review the Add Notes to Your Slide section of the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include slides with at least two colors.
- Must include a minimum of two pictures or clip art.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Similarity score from Turnitin
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text and course materials.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.