[Solved by Experts] Starbucks ’ Indian Strategic
In Chapters 8 and 9, we reviewed several types of global expansion strategies a company can undertake when entering new markets. For this assignment, you will read a case study about Starbucks’ expansion into the Indian market (p. 413 in the textbook) and then respond to, and make decisions, based on the following questions:
- What inspired Starbucks to venture in to India? What were some of the company’s early concerns and other obstacles?
- How would you describe Starbucks’ approach to entering India and how Starbucks was influenced by cultural differences to adapt its offerings for the Indian market?
- Why did Starbucks want to enter India through a joint venture? Specifically, what benefits did Starbucks and the Tara Group both gain by partnering with one another? What synergies were present? What conflicts occurred and how were they resolved?
- Now, assume the role of the Director of Starbucks’ Indian strategic planning team. You have been tasked to explore the benefits and challenges of expansion into foreign countries through joint-venture partnerships. Describe the opportunities, benefits, and concerns that Starbucks might face by doing so. Summarize the cultural environment, choose an entry strategy from the text, and describe how you would implement this entry strategy. Make sure you are very detailed in your explanation.
Importance note to follow:
1. Your well-written report should be 4-5 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. To make it easier to read and therefore grade.
2. make sure you clearly delineate each section of your answer so it can be matched with the relevant question.
3. Use APA7 style guidelines, citation reference at least four references as appropriate.
4. Make sure no plagiarism for your written report.