[Solved by Experts] Statistical Analysis Using Ibm
Understanding the data sampling procedure and the description of the data is critical to accurately interpreting the results of a study. In this assignment, you will practice describing data from an SPSS data set.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the Topic 1 assignment, “SPSS: Download and Install.” As a result of completing that assignment, you should have downloaded and installed SPSS on your computer. You will use the SPSS software in this assignment.
- Refer to the SPSS introductory video found at https://youtu.be/_zFBUfZEBWQ.
- Access the document, “Introduction to Statistical Analysis Using IBM SPSS Statistics, Student Guide” to complete the assignment. It is attached to this assignment.
- Download the file “Census.sav” and open it with SPSS. Use the data to complete the assignment.
- Refer to the document, “Example: Introduction to SPSS for Quantitative Analysis” attached to this assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Open the attached document, “Introduction to Statistical Analysis Using IBM SPSS Statistics, Student Guide.”
Carefully read the following lessons in the Guide:
- Lesson 0: Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Statistical Analysis
- Lesson 2: Understanding Data Distributions
- Lesson 3: Data Distributions for Categorical Variables
As you read, work through all the tasks in the sections labeled, “Procedure: …,” and complete the “Apply Your Knowledge” activities within each lesson. These activities are designed to help you learn to navigate the SPSS program and build your understanding of statistical analysis. You will not submit your work on these activities; they are for your personal practice in learning SPSS. Note that not every lesson has these components.
Complete the tasks in section 3.9 Learning Activity in Lesson 3: Data Distributions for Categorical Variables by doing the following:
- Locate the data set “Census.sav” and open it with SPSS.
- Run the Frequencies procedure as directed in question 1.
- Answer questions 1-3 in the activity based on your observations of the SPSS output.
- Type your answers into a Word document.
- Copy and paste the full SPSS output including any supporting graphs and tables directly from SPSS into the Word document with your answers to the questions for submission to the instructor.
The appropriate tables and charts must be copied from the SPSS output into the Word document under each related question to support the written answer.
The SPSS output must be included in the submission with the problem set answers in order to receive full credit for the assignment. Note: If your output is large, you may need to reduce the size by compressing it. For instructions on how to compress a file, please click here.
Following the pasted image of the SPSS output in the same Word document, write a reflection (250-500 words) describing the following:
- The challenges you faced in downloading and using SPSS to complete the 3.9 Learning Activity.
- How you overcame those challenges to complete the assignment.
- Your overall perceptions of using SPSS for doing quantitative analysis.
- How you build on your introductory knowledge of SPSS as you begin to define your dissertation topic and methodological approach.
Submit to the instructor the single Word document with the following items:
- Your answers for 3.9 Learning Activity, questions 1-3.
- The SPSS Output for 3.9 Learning Activity that correspond to the questions.
- Your reflection on the use of SPSS.