[SOLVED BY EXPERTS]: Strategic Planning meeting report
As your report is being prepared for a formal senior management meeting, it should be written in formal business report format and style.
Your report is to be provided to BMC’s forthcoming Strategic Management Planning meeting where the main priority is to discuss implementing the new business strategy. The team is made up of mainly operational managers who have limited knowledge and understanding of the connections between organisational structure, strategy, and the wider business environment so the CEO has asked that your report should include an understanding of the connections between organisational structure, strategy, and the business operating environment.
The report must therefore include:
▪ an evaluation of the advantages and disadvantages of two different types of organisational structures in different types of organisations, the range of products, services and customers associated with each, and how they link to organisational purpose. (AC 1.1)
▪ an analysis of the way in which organisational strategy should be linked to products, services, customers and revenue (AC 1.2)
▪ an analysis of the current and ongoing impact on organisations of the range of external factors and trends. (AC 1.3)
▪ an assessment of two current issues and causes that identify key priorities within organisations that will affect product/service delivery, and the impact this may have on people practice and solutions. (AC 1.4 & AC 3.3)
▪ an explanation of the ways in which people practices can impact on organisational systems and structures, and therefore affect the effective employment, management and development of people (AC1.5)
▪ an exploration of the impact that technology has on people, work and working practices, and the current and emerging scale of the use of technology within organisations. (AC 1.6)
Your evidence must consist of: ▪ Formal business report (approximately 2500 words)