[Solved by Experts] Various Health Care Regulatory
Write a 4-6-page policy proposal and practice guidelines for improving quality and performance associated with the benchmark metric underperformance you advocated for improving in Assessment 1.
In advocating for institutional policy changes related to local, state, or federal health care laws or policies, health leaders must be able to develop and present clear and well-written policy and practice guideline proposals that will enable a team, a unit, or an organization as a whole to resolve relevant performance issues and bring about improvements in the quality and safety of health care. This assessment offers you an opportunity to take the lead in proposing such changes.
As a master’s-level health care practitioner, you have a valuable viewpoint and voice to bring to discussions about policy development, both inside and outside your care setting. Developing policy for internal purposes can be a valuable process toward quality and safety improvement, as well as ensuring compliance with various health care regulatory pressures. This assessment offers you an opportunity to take the lead in proposing such changes.
Propose organizational policy and practice guidelines that you believe will lead to an improvement in quality and performance associated with the benchmark underperformance you advocated for improving in Assessment 1. Be precise, professional, and persuasive in demonstrating the merit of your proposed actions.
Note: Remember that you can submit all, or a portion of, your draft policy proposal to Smarthinking for feedback, before you submit the final version for this assessment. If you plan on using this free service, be mindful of the turnaround time of 24–48 hours for receiving feedback.
The policy proposal requirements outlined below correspond to the scoring guide criteria, so be sure to address each main point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed. In addition, be sure to note the requirements for document format and length and for supporting evidence.
- Explain the need for creating a policy and practice guidelines to address a shortfall in meeting a benchmark metric prescribed by local, state, or federal health care policies or laws.
- What is the current benchmark for the organization and the numeric score for the underperformance?
- How is the benchmark underperformance potentially affecting the provision of quality care or the operations of the organization?
- What are the potential repercussions of not making any changes?
- What evidence supports your conclusions?
- Recommend ethical, evidence-based practice guidelines to improve targeted benchmark performance prescribed by applicable local, state, or federal health care policy or law.
- What does the evidence-based literature suggest are potential strategies to improve performance for your targeted benchmark?
- How would these strategies ensure performance improvement or compliance with applicable local, state, or federal health care policy or law?
- How would you propose to apply these strategies in the context of Eagle Creek Hospital or your own practice setting?
- How can you ensure these strategies are ethical and culturally inclusive in their application?
- Analyze the potential effects of environmental factors on your recommended practice guidelines.
- What regulatory considerations could affect your recommended guidelines?
- What resources could affect your recommended guidelines (staffing, financial, and logistical considerations, or support services)?
- Explain why particular stakeholders and groups must be involved in further development and implementation of your proposed policy and practice guidelines.
- Why is it important to engage these stakeholders and groups?
- How can their participation produce a stronger policy and facilitate its implementation?
- Organize content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions.
- Proofread your proposal, before you submit it, to minimize errors that could distract readers and make it more difficult for them to focus on the substance of your proposal.
- Use paraphrasing and summarization to represent ideas from external sources.
- Be sure to apply correct APA formatting to source citations and references.
Example Assessment: You may use the following to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like: