[Solved by Experts] Web Resource “ Writing
Overview: The term “abstract” is a homophone which can mean one of two scholarly writing activities. One, is the abstract that you will write to introduce your dissertation. The other meaning is a shortened writing assignment whereby you write a condensed summary of an academic journal. For this assignment, we will focus on writing a scholarly abstract of a qualitative journal. More information about writing an abstract can be found via the web resource “Writing Scholarly Abstracts.”Directions: View the rubric and examples to make sure you understand the expectations of this assignment.
Create a 2 page single-spaced Analysis of Research abstract published qualitative scholarly article related to your mock dissertation topic/research question.Brevity and being concise are important as this analysis is intended to be a brief summation of the research.Each abstract must therefore consist of the following in this order:
- Bibliographic Citation – use the correctly formatted APA style citation for the work as the title of your abstract, displaying the full citation in bold font.
- Author Qualifications – name and qualification of each author conducting the research
- Research Concern – one paragraph summary of the reason for the overall research topic
- Research Purpose Statement AND Research Questions or Hypotheses – specific focus of the research
- Precedent Literature – key literature used in proposing the needed research (not the full bibliography or reference list)
- Research Methodology – description of the population, sample, and data gathering techniques used in the research
- Instrumentation – description of the tools used to gather data (surveys, tests, interviews, etc.)
- Findings – summation of what the research discovered and the types of analysis that were used to describe the findings (tables, figures, and statistical measures)