Use textbook Biology: The Core 2d edition, Chapter 5, MasteringBiology and other learning materials. Questions are to be answered in full sentences. Answers should be approximately 125 words or two to three paragraphs each. You may use your text book, MasteringBiology or other outside sources as references, and you must cite your references at the end of each essay. The essay quiz is not timed.
- Is it possible for a female carrier to have a daughter who has hemophilia? Explain your answer using terms such as sex-linked inheritance, sex-linked genes, dominant, recessive, and X and Y chromosomes.
- Choose a specific trait such as eye color, and explain the meaning of homologous chromosomes.
- How does the process of meiosis produce new combinations of genes? Why is this important?
- Describe one type of condition where a person is born with an abnormal number of chromosomes.
- Examine the cross between a black-coated Labrador and a chocolate-coated Labrador as is shown on page 102 of your text. Using correct biological terms explain how 50% of the offspring have the probability of being chocolate-coated.
“Turn it in” is used to check for plagiarism.